7 great stories from around the web plus the fun things to eat, do, and read this week.
Am excited for the weekend. I’m having a kind of little party at my place for my son….he will be 1 on Sunday. Whoaaaa! It was just yesterday i was feeling his legs wingle in my tummy and now he is climbing everything and shouting nah nah. Its funny. Anyways – What are you up to this weekend? Well while you catch up on the much needed fun and rest…here are a few great links from around the web…plus fun to do list.
1. This Statement From Adekunle Gold! “I’m Leaving Every Reality Show to Face My Reality”, Hit Me Hard.
2. Every Parent Needs A AphukenbrakE!!……(its pronounced as..”a fucking break”)….this is hilarious.
3. 14 TED Talks That’ll Inspire You To Have Your Best Career
4. 7 Candid Career Stories That’ll Motivate You to Kick Ass in 2018
5. Egg Storage, Freshness & Food Safety.
6. Everything We Know So Far About The Dorcas Shola Fapson Vs Taxify Driver Rape Case.
7. 12 Lessons From Kerry Washington On Being Your Best Self
1. If you’re looking for what to read: Here is “Longthroat Memoirs” by Yemisi Aribisala
“Longthroat Memoirs” is not just a collection of food articles, it’s a lot more meaningful than that. It is in many ways, a guide to Nigeria’s culinary practices. Aribisala portrays cooking as the art that it is. There is room for the sex talk too; while not explicit, there is a significant elaboration on food components like snails that have sexual connotations, meals that serve as aphrodisiacs, and a few cooking-pot tricks to capture (and maintain) a man’s attention.
2. If you’re hungry for something new…
Try…The 5-Minutes Microwave French Toast Mug
Here is why you should try it
1. Its fast and easy
2. Its perfect for a single serving breakfast.
3. It reduces waste of leftover food cause you use it all.
1 tsp butter
3 Tbsp whole milk
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Pinch ground nutmeg
1 large egg
1 cup bread pieces
Place the butter in a large mug and microwave for 15-20 seconds, or until it is melted. Add the milk, cinnamon, vanilla, nutmeg, and the egg to the mug and whisk until everything is well mixed.
Add the bread pieces to the mug and gently stir until all the pieces are saturated with the egg and milk mixture. Be careful not to stir too roughly or the bread pieces may fall apart. Let the bread sit and absorb the liquid for about 1 minute.
Microwave the mug for 60-90 seconds, or until the mixture is solid.
3. If you’re into hot ladies in low cut or the tall dark and handsome kind of guy or just a liver of food then be at the Grand Premiere Of The Royal Hibiscus Hotel
Please save the date 4th February 2018 – as we promise to give you another unforgettable evening. Alongside our film premiere will be a festival of ‘Music, Food and Love’, featuring the talented Johnny Drille from Mavin Records with a special appearance and performance by artists that will surprise you! We will also feature some of your favourite chefs and a variety of culinary delights.
Date: Sunday, February 4th, 2018
Venue: The Civic Centre, Ozumba Mbadiwe Avenue, Victoria Island Lagos